Assistant Store Manager
Tecovas is passionate about offering an incredible customer experience for first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike! We’re looking for talented Part-Time and Full-Time Assistant Store Managers that will contribute to a profitable and customer-centric environment through the development of a team and management of our total store operations. They will support product flow and apply merchant and customer service skills to curate a compelling in-store experience.
Responsibilities will include:
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Supports the Store Manager in recruiting, hiring, and retaining top talent
- Supports the Store Manager in creating and maintaining a succession strategy
- Foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork in order to ensure a seamless balance between operational, visual and customer priorities.
- Administers performance appraisals, sets goals and conducts consistent touch-bases with direct reports.
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection
- Demonstrates extraordinary service and acts as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values
- Facilitates an energized pace, positive service environment and team development
- Understands an OMNI Channel business - implements processes and utilizes tools to better service the customer
VISUAL AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Facilitates the sharing of product knowledge
- Upholds stock-to-sales processes, presentation standards, and manages product placement
- Maintains an effective store structure, floor plan, and appropriate fixture usage
- Upholds and ensures compliance with shipments, transfers and restock standards
- Adheres to and develops awareness around internal and external Loss Prevention procedures
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Set clear objectives and expectations to drive a consistent store experience and ensure excellent operational and visual standards
- Encourage and demonstrate adaptability; positively effecting change and enabling the team to successfully execute a shared vision
- Full-Time Assistant Store Managers: 3+ years Retail Management experience (Store Manager experience preferred)
- Part-Time Assistant Store Managers: 2+ years Retail Management experience
- Exceptional leadership, selling, and customer service skills
- Strong merchant skills and a history of delivering financial results
- Proven record of hiring and developing great talent
- Experienced in coaching, counseling & conflict resolution
- Independent, proactive, results-driven work ethic
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- High School Diploma required (College Degree preferred)
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, and be able to reach overhead, bend, squat, and kneel as you organize and stock inventory.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service while implementing loss prevention practices
- Able to lift up to 30lbs regularly and perform store maintenance tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), evenings and holidays as needed
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Free Boots!
- Competitive hourly compensation + incentives
- Free boots and generous employee discount
Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand and was founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel, and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. Our passion for offering incredible customer experiences runs through the culture of our team - and we’re committed to making Tecovas an incredible place to work!
We’re growing - and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us to continue to grow. If you’re looking to be part of a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike, look no further.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!
How to Apply
Use the link below to apply directly through the Tecovas website.